Cephus Bakery and Restaurant began in 1955 and was located on Visger Road. James Peoples began working for the Cephus’ in 1962 and ran their bakery for them. In 1965, Cephus Bakery moved to the current location at 2765 S. Fort Street. On May 3, 1976, The Peoples Brothers (James, Eugene and Mack) brought the bakery from Mrs. Cephus. The brothers ran the bakery until March 2020 (when Covid-19 forced them to temporarily close). They sold the bakery and their name on November 7, 2020 to Valente Martin and Jessica Williams.